a question about the model

hi,friends

I have a question about model. I have seen that most samples have two models, one is the static model and another is animation model like walk/jump etc.
I don’t know how to make a model, I just know that I can use tools to transform *.3ds to *.egg.gz.

my question is :
1ã€

That’s not quite right. There are lots of things that can be stored in an egg file. The three most common are:

(1) A static model. The word “static” here is used to imply that the model does not animate at all. It has no capability for animation; it’s just a pile of polygons and vertices. Examples of this are environment.egg and smiley.egg.

(2) An animatable model. This is a pile of polygons and vertices, as above, but this time the vertices are connected to the joints of a skeleton, so it can be animated. Examples of this are panda.egg and tron.egg.

(3) An animation table. This contains no polygons or vertices, but is instead just a big table of matrix data to load into each joint, one per frame. When this is combined with a matching animatable model from (2), the model will animate. An example of this is tron_anim.egg.

These three kinds of files are usually not stored separately in Max. In Max, you’ll have just a single scene file that contains a model and/or its animation tables.

David

Thank u David. Although I am a beginner in panda forum, I saw lots of threads in this forum, and I know u are a expert.
Fortunately you answered me. I am glad very much.

I have understood your means, and I also have a question:

These three kinds of files are usually not stored separately in Max. In Max, you’ll have just a single scene file that contains a model and/or its animation tables.

So how can I separate the single 3ds file into two files like tron and tron_anim? Can pluggin tool(I mean the trnsformed tool) do it?

The max exporter tool can split the model into multiple .egg files: animation, model, static, etc.

Thank you pro-rsoft.