A new libpanda .dll error noted when upgrading to panda 1.8

Hi,

I was having fun integrating Panda 1.72 in a Windows forms application based on MS Visual C++ 2008 Express version to do scientific visualization of my calculations.

Unfortunately when I upgraded from Panda 1.72 to 1.82 I received this error:
“The procedure entry point ??0PipelineCyclerTrivialImpl@QUAE@PAVCycleData@@PAVPipleine@@@Z could not be
located in the dynamic link library libpanda.dll”

Uninstalling and rolling back to an earlier version of Panda 1.72 fixed the problem and program compiled again.

Hopefully someone has the time to fix this problem in the new versions, because the ability to implement a 3d visualization based on Panda into a serious non-game Microsoft Windows app environment is a pretty handy feature for those of us too boring/too busy to program actual games:) None of the other games engines I tried
(Torque, Irrichlet, Unity, DarkGDK) seemed general enough or flexible enough to make this convenient. I’d be interest to know if anyone has done similar things using other games engines?

Thanks,
David

I had this problem also and noticed I hadn’t uninstalled 1.7.2 before installing 1.8.1. When I uninstalled 1.7.2 and ran 1.8.1 it started working.

Cheers,
Zobbo

Also keep in mind that 1.8.1 and 1.7.2 are not ABI-compatible; that is, if something is compiled against Panda3D 1.7, it must be recompiled in order for you to be able to use it against Panda3D 1.8.