I compiled the panda 1.0.5 3dsmax exporter, and copied it into the 3dsmax plugins directory. But 3dsmax doesn’t load it:
“DLL <E:\Program Files\3dsMax7\StdPlugs\maxegg7.dlo> failed to initialize.
Error code: 126 - The specified module could not be found”
Just a guess, but I’ll bet you need to put the c:\Panda3d-*\bin directory (the directory containing all of the DLL’s) on your PATH before you start 3DSMax.
I received this alert when trying to initialize Max
DLL <C:\3dsmax7\plugins\maxegg7.dlo> failed to initialize
Error Code: 182 - The operating system cannot run %1
This is my PATH environment variable
C:\WINXP\system32;%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32;%SYSTEMROOT%;%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\WBEM;C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\AUTODESK SHARED;C:\PROGRAM FILES\BACKBURNER 2;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\AGL;C:\Program Files\Panda3D\bin
The panda bin address corresponds exactly to the place where I have installed Panda 3D: “C:\Program Files\Panda3D\bin”
What can be wrong?
I’ve got the same error as jaguarco.
What can i do ?
Does the problem go away when you uninstall Panda?
i have the same problem of jaguareco and i donÂ´t have panda installed in the computer with the problem. How can I run the path?
If you don’t have Panda installed and you’re still not able to run Max, it doesn’t sound like a problem with Panda–you should maybe ask the folks over at the 3DSMax site. I don’t know if anyone here will be able to be of much help.
This might help: If you have had previous versions of Panda3D installed, make sure that your PATH setting points to the correct path for your current Panda3D install.
(I had the same problem because my PATH was pointing to C:\Panda3D-1.0.5 when I actually needed C:\Panda3D-1.2.1)
Additionally, try placing the Panda3D plugins in the “plugins” folder and not “stdPlugs” as the standard plugins folder is for the built-in max plugs.
This may or may not have anything to do with your reports, but I had the same problem (plugin failing to load) on a 3dsmax v7 that also had the vray rendered installed. Unloading the vray plugin made the error disappear.