360 Roundview Project

Hi @ll

its long ago, since i startet this project and its also long finished, but now i finally started a youtube channel and posted my old making of video. Its an overview from the concept to the end, where you can see a little bit of the roundview cinema. Its a round room with 6 beamers that display a 360 roundview. the progamming is done in Panda3d.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2JEAh7fr6A

Hope you guys like this.

nice setup. sorta reminds me of one of my projects. thought it’s less fancy.
thomaseg1.p3dp.com/panorama-website/

cool stuff!
any chance you release the source and/or models?

Can I play?

Euh… Can we come to your home to play it ?

hey thanks for the comments,
everyone who lives or comes to Germany and find a chance to come to Bochum can watch the Roundview (its not at my home).
Its located in the Alfried Krupp Schülerlabor in the Ruhr Universität Bochum, where i done free learning courses. You can come with a class or on the Day of the open Door wich is mostly in Feburary. I also done a world wich you can walk through and its controlled over a Dance mat.
The Source is simply a car wich runs over uneven terrain, there are enough posts in the forums even to the network. If you wonder how to setup the 6 cameras … its a simple camera ring with 6 cameras with 60 angle of view so you can make the full 360, controlled as one by the server.