2D game Design

I’m working on demo 2D-game with help of panda3d.As the learning curve & particle system limitations of the PyGame i decided to use panda3d.So please help me out.I’m about to follow these simple steps to create game using panda3d.please feel free to add or correct me to any step and first of all please help me with some steps.

1. Creating empty window for the game.

Code: 
import direct.directbase.DirectStart
run()

Problems: How can i change the title of the window as by default it shows “panda”.Also how to create fullscreen window.

2. Load the jpeg 2d background on the window.
Problem: I don’t know how to import 2d images onto screen.Specifically for background,as if background should take the size of the window.I mean if background image is 800x600 or more resolution then window should be of same size.otherwise background image and window will be seperated and not alike.

3. Load 2D sprite images. & making them trasparent so that they can match with the background(No edges of other color on sprite)

4. Moving sprite image arround the screen.

Well these questions are worth to be documented with the Panda 3d doc so i have compiled it as list.It might benefit others who work on 2d games.

Please come aboard and let this thread be informative.

Have you tried reading a tutorial, sample program, manual or API?
Everything you asked is in the manual.

1. www.panda3d.org/manual/index.php/The_C … ation_File
    2+3. www.panda3d.org/manual/index.php/Simpl … eplacement
    for Transparency, call nodepath.setTransparency(1) on the nodepath.
  2. www.panda3d.org/manual/index.php/Common_State_Changes

hey if it applies to 2D then please let me know ?.I don’t got that with the manual thats why i posted questions here.

It applies to 2d too. When you need to supply a 3d position, leave the y blank - like setPos(x,0,y) for a 2d position.

Please note that screen coordinates run from -1 to 1.