1.7.2 released

Just bugfixes, no new features. Should be binary compatible with 1.7.1, too.

• Fix crash on GLX implementations that have no FBConfig support
  • Fix trouble with buffers on Mac OS X
  • Un-break shadow samplers in Cg shaders
  • Fixes for relative mouse mode on OSX
  • Pdeployed apps on Windows no longer show a console window
  • Fix relative file paths for license files in pdeploy
  • Ppatcher no longer writes out faulty checksums
  • Fix plugin failure to read from cache
  • Include missing X11 extension libs in runtime distribution
  • Fix disappearing windows with CEGUI’s OpenGL renderer
  • Fixes for makepanda on FreeBSD
  • Fix LightRampAttrib crash
  • Fix bug with two-parameter Lens::set_fov

Oh, and there should now be downloads for the manual and reference on the download page.
Let me know if I forgot anything.

PS. I’m still working on getting the buildbot interface back up. I’m building a better, faster interface this time.

Wow, new release in a month. Very cool.

Wow! 1.7 is very reliable now!

Huzzah! :arrow_right: Very good news!
~powerpup118

The bug I reported with the particle example , crashing at start, no longer crashes.

Well done guys, amazing job and I extremely impressed with the work you have done. I would never consider creating a 3d game, but you have created an engine that is very easy to use, very flexible, powerful and fast.

Now with 1.7.2 you add a huge part in the stability department , and there is no doubt that this a big step forward.

it looks like 1.7.2 is still not considered stable version.

By whom? And where? I consider it stable…

By the way i am still getting errors. I try the second example in the manual with the rotating camera and the precvious one and i get this error

Known pipe types:
osxGraphicsPipe
(all display modules loaded.)
Sat Apr 16 14:08:23 MacBook-Air.local Python[319] : kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSCopyRegion : Null pointer
Sat Apr 16 14:08:23 MacBook-Air.local Python[319] : kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
Sat Apr 16 14:10:47 MacBook-Air.local Python[319] : kCGErrorIllegalArgument: _CGSFindSharedWindow: WID 453
Sat Apr 16 14:10:47 MacBook-Air.local Python[319] : kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSRemoveSurface: Invalid window 0x1c5

it seems i am getting this error with all available examples. However it does not crash or affects the execution in any way as far I can see. Should I file it as a bug or is it a normal/ known behavior ?

They are not fatal, so don’t worry about them.

Great fixes !

But there are no links to the installers for ubuntu and debian, though the files are there :
panda3d.org/download/panda3d-1.7.2/

Oops, sorry about that, it’s fixed now.

great!!! thanks rdb

Awesome!

David

Congratulations to everyone involved. Panda is a fantastic engine with an amazing support and community around it. It’s just great to see it getting better and better with every release. Keep it up.

The API docs at

panda3d.org/reference/1.7.2/python/annotated

appears to be incomplete. Both 1.7.1 and devel versions have a much longer index.

Big thanks for this one!
The crash is not longer appearing, but I get other errors at runtime.

Every time I use any buffers, the following is printed again and again (here at glow-basic sample):

:display(error): Deactivating glxGraphicsStateGuardian.
:display:gsg:glgsg(error): EXT_framebuffer_object reports non-framebuffer-completeness:
:display:gsg:glgsg(error): UNKNOWN PROBLEM 0 for filter-base

The buffers themselves look all wrong, and show either some pixelish jibberish or textures from cache.

And this comes up every frame when I enable the shader generator in pview (p key):

:display:gsg:glgsg(error): at 2882 of panda/src/glstuff/glGraphicsStateGuardian_src.cxx : invalid operation

The said file (src/panda3d/panda/src/glstuff/glGraphicsStateGuardian_src.cxx) calls report_my_gl_errors() at line 2882, by the way.

Both errors don’t actually crash the application, but bring it to stall.
Let me know if you’re interested in any more detailed logs.

Congratz! Maybe i should get back to panda after my almost 6month absence.