1.6.2 released

I’m upgrading to 10.5.7 to see if I can reproduce the problem, or to make a new build compiled against 10.5.7.

Hi, I’m with 1.6.2 Windows version and the audio is being a little buggy lately. With FMOD there is this error: “:audio(error): _channel->set3DAttributes(): The specified channel has been reused to play another sound.”
And when I change to OpenAL in Config.prc is almost 100% like it was before in 1.5.4. Almost because when I play a sfx, sometimes it stops in the middle of the sound.

Apart from that, congratulations for this new version, it’s pretty good. :slight_smile:

Hmm, could it be that you have too much sounds playing at the same time and that it starts reusing channels if it runs out of em?

Hum, maybe… I do use multiple sounds at the same time, it is usually around 3 or 4.
Well, now I’m back using OpenAL, almost good, it is a little unstable on the 1.6.2 version.

Is it now? How is it unstable - crashes? Have some sample code to show the problem?

My goal was actually to make OpenAL the default soon, so if it’s unstable, please let me know.