Game-ready model shops

I’m making a list of game-ready model shops, if you know another ones please tell me ^^ here’s what I’ve found so far:
(alphabetically sorted)

3dbud.com

(fantasy characters - animals - monters) -
3dbud.com

3drt.com

(fantasy - scifi characters - animals - monters)
3drt.com

adenfall.com

(game objects)
adenfall.com

arteria-gaming.com

(game objects)
arteria-gaming.com

cubixstudio.com

(fantasy - scifi characters)
cubixstudio.com

dexsoft-games.com

(game objects - fantasy - scifi characters)
dexsoft-games.com

frogames.net

frogames.net

gamebeep.com

gamebeep.com

game-stuff.com

(game objects - game levels)
game-stuff.com

I wonder if there is opensource, CC and otherwise free to use collections of good to ok models. Maybe i should try to look for some.

Maybe we should start one?

-Gob

the good thing on free models they are free :smiley: but the bad thing on it, if there is a nice model around, you will find it in lot of other project. so if you choose free models you can be sure other projects have them also include.

so this models are good if you are doing prototyping, but as you see all this models looks a bit rubbish… but its pretty good for peoples without modeling skills till they find someone who is able to build good models. ^^

Turbosquid (www.turbosquid.com)

Lots of free models. Many of the pricey models are very high res and not suitable for gaming.

OH WOW - LOOK A NEW PAGE!!!

GAME ACTORS

http://ditus.piranho.de/gameACTORS/GA.html

wow, this side is pretty cool, but it seems to be in modification at moment :slight_smile: there you can find some free models and high price models :slight_smile:
i prefer the high price ones, thats such cool things :slight_smile:

so you can find there from 0 - up to 5000 bucks models, ok the 5000 bucks pieces are a bit expensive, but they looks amazing :slight_smile:

There are some good free game models out there, some may need a bit love and a new texture but some just need to be exported to egg

Here’s some I found (not all are free, not all are low-poly):
turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/Gerzi-3D-ART
turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/Medievalworlds
turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/3DRT
turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/tucho
turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/theQiwiMan
turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/Geometricks
turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/FatCat_3D
sharecg.com/pf/MetaDaemon
sharecg.com/v/32704/3D-Model … h-textures.
sharecg.com/pf/LoneWolf
sharecg.com/v/27083/3D-Model … BJ-AND-VUE
sharecg.com/pf/tucho
sharecg.com/pf/smanor
sharecg.com/pf/irishlostboy
sharecg.com/pf/Kojocci

If you find some collections I’d like to know about them. Usually I can only find a few free samples from websites that want to sell you stuff. It would be hard to find and collect and use enough of them to actually do anything with. (licenses problems, varying quality, polygon counts, look like they belong in different worlds, etc. etc.)

The biggest free collection I’ve seen is from alice.org. However, the quality doesn’t seem very consistent and the licensing is even stranger: “All models in the Alice gallery are in the public domain as long as they are used with the attached accreditation.”

“Public Domain” means no strings attached because it’s common knowledge, and therefore not subject to copyright restrictions. A lot of model sites say “public domain”, and then proceed to enumerate various conditions and restrictions which obviously means it’s not really public domain. Instead, it’s just copyrighted work without a clear liscense for its use. I’d stay away to avoid trouble.

Yeah, maybe we should start a collection. However, to be truly useful to the panda3d community it would have to be a big enough and generic enough collection to make a variety of complete games, adhere to certain standards (quality, poly count, up axis, scale etc.), and have a clear permissive license for use (CC-BY is probably good).

We should definately work out these details first, before actually making any models for the collection. If enough people say they are really interested maybe I’ll start a thread for that.