Blender object exporting trouble

That’s very odd. o_0

At this point, I recommend posting your problems with YABEE in the main YABEE thread–the guy who created YABEE (by the name of “ninth”) is probably your best bet for figuring out what’s going wrong.

With regards to the textures being upside-down, my best guess is that one step or another–likely either the obj exporter or obj2egg–is assuming a top-left coordinate system–in which vertical values increase downwards, as in GIMP–where one would expect a bottom-left coordinate system–in which vertical values increase upwards, as in Panda–or vice versa.

Simply tell Blender to reverse (or recalculate) the normals and that should be fixed.

But you said above that you are getting your material colours, didn’t you? Are you not seeing the effects of your settings for diffuse lighting, specular highlights, and so on?

(If you’re referring to textures applied in Blender materials, then I think that such might be a more complex situation, and may require you to either use UV-mapping rather than automatic texture coordinates or do some more work of your own; I’m honestly not sure.)

Do you mean a material or a texture? They’re not the same thing in Panda, I believe.

Do I understand correctly that you’re attempting to use a colour-key for transparency, rather than the alpha channel? If so, then–aside from additive blending, which is unlikely to be appropriate to your case–I’m honestly not sure of how best to go about that in Panda; perhaps you could achieve this using two texture stages…

More simply, have you tried making the black section transparent in GIMP? (That is, instead of solid black, giving it an alpha channel (if it doesn’t have one) and then erasing the parts that are intended to be transparent.) Alpha-transparency should work well in Panda. (It may still call for explicitly setting the transparency attribute; I’m not sure offhand.)

Otherwise, again, how are you displaying this in Panda? Are you creating a quad in Blender and applying it to that? Using OnscreenImage? Something else?

If you’re referring to things like normal mapping, then that calls for shaders, I believe–as well as exporting the normal map, and possibly additional vertex information; I don’t know how that’s achieved using (or even if it’s supported by) the exporters that you’re using, but I believe that it is supported by YABEE (albeit that it calls for explicit instruction to do so). On the Panda side, relatively simple effects like normal mapping are supported via the default shader generator.

It’s my pleasure. :slight_smile:

Honestly, I think that the first thing to do is to get YABEE working for you; I don’t know, offhand, to what degree the exporters that you’re using support what you’re trying to do (or even how much of it the obj format that you’re passing through supports), and I’d like to remove them as a potential source of your problems.

The things that you’re talking about–normal mapping, proper texure mapping, etc. all work in Panda as far as I’ve seen. I export successfully from Blender (albeit using YABEE and with UV-mapped objects).