actor class kills animated geoms, egg-optchar doesn't care

The actor class is removing a bunch of animated objects from my egg. My actor is made of a bunch of separate objects all attached to one armature. I want to flag each one so it won’t be removed. egg-optchar says the armature joints are all empty, except the first object. When I load the optimized actor in panda3d, only the one body part shows up. Everything looks fine in pview, though. I’ve attached the files if anyone can help!

sites.google.com/site/ambyra/all/megaman.zip

Possible this is your case: panda3d.org/forums/viewtopic … 9699#79699

Have you tried to use “Merge actor” option on export?

Sorry, I can’t merge the actor because I need to hide and show different parts of the animation in the game. The character will have different animated weapons attached to his arm that need to be made visible/invisible. Is there a way to export as just a single actor, but with multiple geomNodes (parts)?

I am not sure that it is possible, but i’ll try to look deeper.

I got it to work with the old chicken exporter for blender 2.49. The zip includes the original eggs, and the egg-optchar optimized versions that keep all the objects. sites.google.com/site/ambyra/all/oldModels.zip

My megaman character had all his weapons as different objects, and I just selected the one I wanted enabled with .show() or .hide(). It would be awesome if you could get this to work; I used this feature a lot for mech/robot customization.